Our Benson boy is 9 months old!
His favorites: 1) Mom, Annika, Dad, Papi (in that order. sorry, but it's true. He's a momma's boy.) These are the people he sees every day, so they're his favorites.
2) Being outside- he loves to sit outside on a blanket and watch Annika run around. And he loves going for walks. He looks so cute with his winter hat and his puffer vest.
3) Eating- this kid seriously eats more than Annika. He wants to eat whatever we're eating. I have found that it works best to feed him baby food when we are not eating other food at the table. He still wants to eat some of whatever we're eating for dinner, even if he just ate. He doesn't eat well when he is sick. He loves yogurt, cheese, and bread. I think the bread backs him up, so I try not to give him too much. He has mastered drinking from a sippy cup, but he doesn't hold it on his own very well.
4) bouncing- he still loves being in his exersacucer/bouncer thing. When he gets excited, he bounces up and down while he flaps his arms.
5) being loud- sometimes, my ears ring after he yells while I'm holding him.
Stats:17 lbs 8 oz (12.5 %tile)
27.75 inches (25 %tile)
He still isn't close to crawling. He has never rolled from back to tummy. He hates rolling from tummy to back, but he can do it. And he is awesome at sitting up! :) He has been sleeping pretty terribly at night. But, he has been teething (2 teeth now), and he had a cold last week. I've been feeding him twice a night and it's getting old. I used to feed him around 9:30 or 10. Sometimes I would wake him up to feed him then. But, now I just feed him before bed. I hope he figures this sleep thing out soon! Last week, Annika had a cold. She must have been sleep deprived too because she slept in until 11 AM one morning! Crazy! It was a nice morning. But, it was a long afternoon since she didn't take a nap. Someday, I will sleep again. I do love being a mom. It brings me the greatest joy and satisfaction. I am often overwhelmed by the love I have for my babies.
Some excerpts from Emails to Abby and Keenan:
March 3 Benson is becoming more mobile. He still hates rolling over. But if he really wants something, he will lean forward from his sitting position. Usually he leans so far that he gets into crawling position for a few seconds before he either goes straight to his belly or face plants. Unfortunately, its usually the latter. He has two teeth now. The first time he bit me while nursing, I tapped his cheek and said no! He laughed at that! What?!? But the next few times he cried and by the end of the day, he was acting confused and scared. He refused to eat for one feeding. By the next morning we had figured it out and were back to normal. He loves watching Annika run around and be silly. And he loves it when we sing to him. On Friday night David and I went to the temple. It was wonderful! We left the kids at heather and Nathan's. bense nursed really well right before we left their house so I thought he would be happy at least for awhile. When we returned, we found out he had screamed and cried almost the entire time! Yikes. I felt so bad for bense and heather. The only times he wasn't crying was when she took him for a 45 minute drive and he fell asleep. He woke up as soon as she parked in the garage. And he was happy while she gave him a bath. We won't be leaving him there again anytime soon. I would not ask that of heather again! Feb 24Benson boy will be 9 months old on Saturday. He still hates rolling over and being on his tummy. Speaking of tummy, he will eat anything! It has been fun letting him try real food. Yesterday he ate more pasta than Annika at dinner time. And that was after I fed him a jar of baby food about 30 min previously. Everyone always comments on how happy and smiley he is. He really is a sweet little guy. |
No comments:
Post a Comment