Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Debbie's House

When I found out David was going to a scout camp for 2 nights and then leaving the next day for San Diego for an AVID training for 4 days, I decided to live on the edge a little. I drove by myself with the kids to Salem to visit Debbie, Kevin, and Ethan. I knew it would not be a fun drive. But, David and I decided it would be worth it for me to have some help with the kids. My dad was at the training with David, Glenn and Kathy were out of town, and Heather and Nathan had family in town. So, I really would have been on my own.
It was so fun and I am glad we went. Annika had a blast playing with Ethan and being in a new environment. And I loved showing off Benson and watching Debbie love on him. It wasn't a vacation as far as sleep goes though. Annika maintained her summer schedule of waking up around 6 or 6:15. And I didn't always get a good nap. But, still, it was a wonderful trip and I'm very grateful to Debbie and Kevin for hosting us and helping me take care of my kids.
playing outside. Annika loves the giant chairs.

One morning I laid in bed (Benson was still asleep), while she emptied her entire neatly packed bag of clothes. Then she got inside the bag. her idea. Such a cutie!

Debbie took us out to Red Lobster (my first time). We waited for a table outside. Annika played hide and seek with Debbie and Ethan. I love that smooshie face.

She loved all of the readily available technology- ipads, iphones. She would sometimes sit up on the couch with a few phones and Debbie's ipad.

Debbie took me to get a pedicure as a "new mom" gift. We brought Annika along. She was fascinated by the whole process. It felt SO good to have my feet filed down and massaged. I would be ok with a pedi every week. The nice asian guy painted Annika's toes for free. He even had her put her toes in the water and washed her feet before painting them. She loved coming along and getting her first pedicure!

We had to get a picture with the Happy Nails sign for Abby :)

Hiring. Here. Now. We took this pic for Abby too.  I used a gift card and got Annika a black shirt to wear with dresses and I bought two shirts for myself.

We took Annika to the splash park. She didn't enjoy getting wet, but she looked utterly adorable in her suit! I also bought her an inflatable slide and pool at a yard sale while we were down there. She and Ethan had fun with that in the backyard. We hit some sweet yard sales! I got a few clothing items for Benson, some like new Avent bottles, and some "nuptials" for Abby's package. We made cookies and gathered things for packages for all the Pass missionaries while we were there.
Debbie and I started the Call the Midwife series. We loved it! I finished the first two seasons within a few weeks of being home. Abby tried to get me to watch the show many times before she left on her mission. I didn't have NetFlix and didn't want to watch online, so I never did. It was funny that I finally watched it after she left.
We ate great food and had fun staying up semi-late. I have to say, I much prefer vacationing with David. But, overall this was an excellent alternative to staying in Othello.

No comments:

Post a Comment